Caring for Rosacea: Effective Skin Management and Self-Care Tips
Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes flushing and visible blood vessels in your face. It may also produce small, pus-filled bumps. These signs and symptoms may flare up for weeks to months and then go away for a while, it can also be mistaken for acne.
The cause of rosacea is unknown, but it could be due to an overactive immune system, heredity, environmental factors or a combination of these. It is not caused by poor hygiene and it's not contagious. While the symptoms of rosacea can come and go, there is no permanent cure for this issue. However, with proper treatment and by taking good care of your skin, it's possible to control and manage this condition.
Dermatologists do not recommend people try to pop or squeeze. Attempting to pop or squeeze them can aggravate the condition and lead to further inflammation and potential scarring.
Many things you do can cause Rosacea to flare. Common triggers for rosacea include becoming overheated, wind, spicy foods, hot beverages, and alcohol. Even stress and your diet can contribute to flare ups. It’s important to find out what causes your rosacea to flare up and avoid those triggers.
Makeup for Rosacea:
- Use our fragrance-free primer to create a smooth canvas for makeup application.
- Choose our foundation that's specifically designed for sensitive or rosacea-prone skin.
- Apply foundation sparingly, using a makeup sponge. Avoid brushes for this application.
- Blend the foundation evenly, but avoid excessive layering.
- Spot check and apply with a foundation brush sparingly
to areas with the most redness.
- Use a creamy, hydrating concealer to cover any persistent redness or blemishes.
- Gently pat the concealer on the problem areas, rather than rubbing or dragging it across the skin.
- Be cautious with blush. Choose products that are not too pigmented or have shimmer, as they can
- Apply blush lightly to the apples of your cheeks for a natural flush.
- Stick to neutral or cool-toned lip colours to balance the redness in your complexion.
I have told everyone I know about Sweet LeiLani. I have suffered my whole life with terrible rosacea that is always red and angry. This is the best makeup ever and I will never use
I absolutely love this line of cosmetics! My skin is so sensitive because of rosacea so I've always spent tons of money on mineral makeup that wasnt worth it, but ever since I started using sweet Lei Lani products I refuse to use anything else and I get compliments on my skin all the time. I tell all of my friends about the product and love that its safe for vegans!
I recently bought Sweet Leilani Skin Care Cover foundation and I have fallen in love with it! I have always struggled with covering up the dark circles under my eyes and also struggle with rosacea. I have never been able to find something that
matched my skin tone well. This is the first product that has actually worked for me and also lasts all day. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and I’m looking forward to trying more of the Sweet LeiLani products!
Discovered your products about two years ago. They are just great for concealing myrosaceaand scarring from melanoma.
I love your products. I've just been diagnosed withRosacea, so I found your online hints very helpful. Our order came very quickly. I'm gradually adding more of your products. I love that your company is Canadian and so eco friendly. Keep up the good work!
Between eczema & rosacea, this foundation is like a human dry erase ... love It! I've been using it for approx 15 years. TIP: I like the look best when applied with a brush.
We are here to help...
Additionally, you can consult with our founder LeiLani, a Certified Paramedical Makeup professional who is knowledgeable about many skin concerns including rosacea and its impact on the skin.
For further help with skin challenges, e-mail LeiLani